After 14 Years, We're Back! Need advice on 222 Fisherman

djc1385

Reaction score
Hello all, name's Dave and I'm a new member of GreatGrady. My dad and I just purchased our first Grady in 14 years (long story), a '99 222 Fisherman. We've owned 3 Gradys before, a '93 Spirit 175, a '95 Adventure 208 and an '01 Gulfstream 232. I want to ask any of you here with experience with this particular boat what your thoughts are about it. Pros/cons, handling, capabilities, etc. For reference, we live at the South Jersey Shore (dad's in Cape May County, I'm in Atlantic). We'll be running the boat out of the Great Egg Inlet. He wants to stick to inshore fishing, the back bays and rivers, and I want to take it offshore as far as it can go. What can you 222 owners tell me about what this boat can do? It's in terrific shape, has a '99 Yamaha ox-66 225 with about 350 hours, runs like a top, but we just need it for one season because next year we plan to re-power with a brand-new 250 4-stroke. Any advice you have is appreciated, it's good to be back!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Re: After 14 Years, We're Back! Need advice on 222 Fisherma

Good luck on the water!

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Re: After 14 Years, We're Back! Need advice on 222 Fisherma

Cant speak for that hull, but I would suggest changing all of the filters including the ones in the motor and send the injectors out to be serviced. I have been using www.fuelinjectorman.com. Its cheap insurance to keep that OX66 happy and healthy for a long time incase you don't end up re-powering, or even for just this season. All pretty easy stuff if you want to do it yourself.

Good luck with the new boat!