Floor valves

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Those "seacocks" appear to be bronze with marelon fittings top. Seasick is correct about the hose clamps and he means the tightening screws should be opposite each other and not on the same side as in the picture. Easy fix. If the seacocks operate smoothly, they may be just fine.

seasick

Reaction score
Curious if factory was doing double clamps as my boat has lots of original equipment and I do not have double clamps anywhere. That’s changing this offseason when I replace a lot of the hoses.
As far as I can determine, double hose clamps are not required by ABYC except for the fuel fill hose (both ends but not the vent hose) and exhaust hoses for inboards and I assume generators.

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Joe, how long would it take you to access those through hulls(floor valves) if the deck hatch was not removed? A lot of Gradys have ss rods to remotely operate them. You should be able to close them in seconds in an emergency.

Apologies for highjacking... I need to find those SS rods, would make it much easier for me. Do you know where I can get them? Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
here is a link for a few options

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
I’m thinking they might be original but not sure because of the hose clamp situation I have to check but thanks a lot for the heads up I just got the boat in August took it out last week and going over all these things finding different stuff not bad I just want to fix everything and know everything