Freedom 275 shade

Twist

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
My new Freedom 275 did not come equipped with the sure shade option and I'm interested in exploring aftermarket solutions to getting some shade over the aft cockpit area. Ideally it would be something that could be left on the boat and deployed or stowed as needs be. Any tips on where to look for this?

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Do you remove and stow that when not in use or is it designed to retract against the hard top or transom?
We have it to retract with a bonnet against the hard top. I have two marine bungy chords with stainless hardware.
I upgraded to a a nearly flush quick disconnect mount on the gunwhale so you could walk on top of it or when fishing that the line won't catch it. I use my boat maybe 40% for fishing and the rest the lake or reef or sandbar . Shade is premium on the water. I used a company in the Orlando area called Softshell Canvas . The frame is all stainless , top is sunbrella. They can do aluminum too and cut the costs. That's an 8 foot long top 7 feet wide and I paid $1,400 and change . Sunbrella ain't cheap.

Reactions: Peter A and Twist