Gas Tank Capacity Problem

tomolalla

Reaction score
I think we are on to something.

Your tank being lower near the stern makes sense to me. Mine is the opposite. It is 4.5 inches higher at the stern where the pick up is. It fills from the bow end. I just noticed it a couple days ago. Usually I only had one access port open at a time so I didn't catch it. It all is starting to add up and the reason why my tank overflows before it is full. This accounts for about a 17 gallon air bubble in the stern end and makes my 82 gallon tank only able to hold about 65 gallons. I wonder if other GW 208 adventurers have the same reverse slant to their tank? I would never have known it if I didn't run out of gas and started checking volumes.

Since this post is getting so long, I think I may repost a new topic and just ask 208 owners to take a look at their tanks and see what they have going on under the deck. I heard that my model year, 1997, was when GW went from aluminum to poly tanks in the middle of the year. I wonder if they just forgot to level out my tank being one of the first poly installations.