Grady White Spirit 175

A

Anonymous

I'm looking at purchasing a Grady White Spirit 175 and was looking at feedback on using in the Chesapeake Bay. I plan to use in the Potomac and around Solomon's Island but would like to venture out a bit in the bay for fishing. Any Spirit owners out there?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A former Spirit owner here. We had a 1992 - our first Grady. We had great times on that boat. Even took her to Bimini, twice. She ran okay in up to a 2' chop. Anything more than that and you have to slow to plowing speed. I did not have trim tabs, but in my experiences since, I think they would be very beneficial.

Rob

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Rock solid little boat....I got one for my 13 year old last fall...it's a 1993 with an 89 110 on it...we spent the winter refitting it with new thru hulls, hoses, etc....Runs like a champ....GREAT little 17 footer and rides better than anything its' size I've ever been on...BLOWS AWAY a BW Montauk or outrage of the same size....Not that they aren't great boats but the Spirit rides much better......You'll be fine in the bay weather permitting....Anything over 2 feet and you will get a little wet.....Other than that you can't go wrong....

A

Anonymous

Thanks

Thank you for the comments. I decided to buy it. It is a 1995 with just 20 hours on the 100 Merc. The owner had some health problems so I ended up getting it for VERY cheap. I pick it up next week. I plan on draining gas/oil and giving it a good once over before the maiden voyage.

Glad to hear I'm not making a mistake.