Just purchased a 228 !!!

bbbagman

Reaction score
Hello all ... I purchased a 2006 228. ... Very excited but worried after reading corrosion thread .. Also trying to find best trailer for the money I can .. Can't wait to get it home !!!

bbbagman

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned it has a 2066 Yamaha F250...

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I believe that it is the 225 HP that has problems, not the 250 or the 200. My 200 has 600 hours, no problems.

bbbagman

Reaction score
Thanks Dave...

I sure hope that's the case Daman !!!

bbbagman

Reaction score
Thank you Parthey !!! I live in Greenville, North Carolina ( home of Grady White ).... I purchased the boat used ( obviously ). It has less than 200 hours on it and I can't wait to get her home. :dance I have an older Grady White now, ( 1990 175 Spirit with a Yamaha 115 two stroke on the back ). This is a pretty big jump up but I want to venture out into some bigger water. Hopefully I will get it home this weekend...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I went to Greenville and took the tour many years ago....was neat.

bbbagman

Reaction score
I know some employees there but have never taken their tour. :(

fishgitter

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, Im down in Morehead City, but do a bit of commuting to Greenville, atleast 4 times a month. I just purchased a 190 Tournament and hit the water for this first time this afternoon. Handled amazing even with these nasty winds down here.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's funny, I just purchased a 228 with F250 also. I'm from SC and bought in NC and you're in NC and bought in SC. I was with with the former owner last Sunday and he got a call from someone in the 252 area code wanting to know if he had sold the boat. Might have been you.

Now if anyone wants a good 208 that I have for sale........
http://tinyurl.com/nsyr6ed

bbbagman

Reaction score
It is CRAZY !!! I am very happy I got the boat I did but not sure I would try to deal so far away again... Logistical nightmare :bang

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Since we come to Morehead every year it was no big deal purchasing ours. Did you get yours out of Charleston? Now if this dang wind would lay down. SSW 15-30 mph every day this week. Seas 3-5 feet.

bbbagman

Reaction score
I did Crazy... I purchased it from a private owner who had it at the Rivers Edge Marina in dry stack. The boat and motor only had 193 hours and was in pristine condition. The only weak point was the boat had bare bone electronics on her. .. I took her out today for the first time and I am thrilled with the ride !!!! I cannot even think about this boat without smiling !!! -Man life is good