Last of my 208 Questions....HAH! who am I kiddin' !

pfd161

Reaction score
In my quest for knowledge and betterment of myself as an operator of this fine craft just a couple questions about my 1993 grady.

1. It says Adventure 20 all over my boat. I search that and get nothing. Did they shortly thereafter change the name to Adventure 208?

2. I got a cool grady white flag. Does it go in the back of the boat in that holder? when does one fly the Grady flag?

3. My right side gauge is dead. No power . This is the speedo/fuel gauge with temp indicators/amps/on the bottom . Yamaha 175 SWS. 1993.
I removed the panel and all of the wires seem tight in their connectors. There is a short white and a short black wire coming from the gauge that is connected to nothing.
any thoughts?

4. Horn no worky. Should I get a new one at West Marine? Have a manual sounding device for CG safety.

Love this boat already and haven't even been out in it yet...just driveway work!

Thanks all.

Dennis the Menace

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A quick check of the '93 GW catalog shows even they were confused....boat is labeled an Adventure 20 and in one place that's what it says, then in another place it refers to it as the 208 Adventure.

Is the gauge dead? They don't last forever....you can pick one up on eBay all day long and they aren't too expensive...plug it in and go.

For the horn, if I recall West has a lifetime warranty on theirs....buy it and when it breaks again in 2 years take it back and let them exchange it.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Horn...squirt some WD40 in it and bang on it with your fist a few times after leaving it sit for a few minutes. Worked several times for me.

pfd161

Reaction score
Gauge was a simple inline fuse blown! happy dance! :dance