Marine Air heat on 330 express

ReelCatch

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum. Currently in the process of purchasing my first GW 330 ex. When I went to run the a/c and heat I couldn’t get any heat out of the vents, just the fan would blow. A/C seems to work fine. Any ideas what it could be?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Was water flowing out the thru-hull? Did you open the seacock? It's a heat pump - basically the same as a heat pump in a house, but it uses water as the medium instead of of air.

ReelCatch

Reaction score
the a/c seacock is open. I didn’t look to see if water was cycling out the thru hull, I will look next time I’m at the boat. Could the heat pump be bad or maybe a clog? Thanks for the reply.

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Also, look at the control panel - it will tell you if the electronics are saying that the heater's on or the A/C is on. Did you adjust the desired temperature high enough to kick on the heat?? Then check the water flow out of the lower port side of the hull - if the heat pump has failed, they are available and fairly straight-forward to replace. Another thing to investigate - is the seacock working properly?? If not exercised regularly, it could stress break and be the problem (it happened to me).

ReelCatch

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes I figured out how to get it on the heat mode vs A/C, you can heard what sounds like a pump turn on. The seacock valve is open or at least when I turned it on the quarter turn valve arm moves up. I will look next time at the boat to see if water is coming out the thru hull. Is the pump the same for the heat and A/C?