Marlin 30 questions

Shortround

Reaction score
Anyone have rod holders mounted from the hardtop on their 30? If so how tough are they to reach? As my name indicated I am Shortround!!!!

Thanks

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They are much easier on a Marlin then the Sailfish because there are things to step on. You can access them from the first step to the walkaround and if needed put one foot on the livewell or tackle station to get to the middle holders. I would not recommend trolling from them but they work great for rod storage.

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Rod holders

Pain in the asz. I am 5' 10" and have a hard time with the center ones. The ones on the end not too bad but still have to climb on the fish box or sink. :)

Tommyboy

Reaction score
I have em on my 25 Sailfish ... I have to stand on a deck chair ON MY TOES to reach them they are useless ......... that's why the only thing ever up there is the flag .....

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm 5-9 (or less) and can reach them but I also must stand on the livewell or tackle station. Note these are taller on the 2004+ 300. In all fairness, if they were any lower you could hit your head moving to the helm deck. Only better solution is an integrated step on the hardtop supports.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The two each on the outside are okay- the two in the middle are a little harder to reach. Need to really sttttrrrreeeettttccccchhhhh or stand on the sink or fishbox. I have additional holders, one on each back leg of the hardtop, four total, which with the four on the hardtop gives me eight easily accessible. Plus there are the holders in the gunwale, under the gunwale etc.