New Member... with a new used Grady

missingtwo

Reaction score
I just wanted let everyone here know I'm the new guy with my first boat. I have been on and around boats forever but never owned on yet. So I have a 1991 17' Spirit Center Console that was just repowered last year with a left over 06 Yamaha F115. 30 hrs on the motor whe I got her a couple weeks ago.

Had the boat surveyed by Blue Water Marine/ Bob Dunkleburger...great job and he has continued to help me out with her. Thaks guys and I look forward to the forum posts

Mike

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Mike: Congratulations on your Grady and welcome to the forum! Our first Grady also was a Spirit 175. Hope you enjpy yours as much as we did ours.

Rob

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats

Congrats. I just got my first GW a few mos back, and I'm still smiling everytime I go out on her. Nice feeling, isnt' it??

LittleMrs

Reaction score
Welcome !!! There's nothing like creating memories on the water :D

Enjoy the boat and all the best with her !

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I always like to hear good esperiences with boat professionals.
All experiences should be the same!

missingtwo

Reaction score
Thanks guys....I live in Westville for the guy who asked. We love the boat and have been doing some work to her.

I must say I bought the boat from a guy who didn't believe in cleaning it. The gelcoat is looking rough but it will come up. In the winter I plan on taking all of the hardware off her and rubbing her out. I plan on rewiring the boat over the winter as well. I want to move the battery under the console and add one more. The surveyor and I have become somewhat of friends so he has helped me a ton on products I have been collecting up for my changes to the boat. All of the plastic thru hulls already have the replacement SS ones waiting to go in so we are well on our way.

I have a question about motorwell drains. I think the brass ones are kinda junk. I looked into Sea Dog ones and another company but they are =to small. I was thinkinng of putting in PVC and heating it and making my own flared ends. Of coures I will seal them with 5200. What have some of you guys done with them in the past?

Mike