Sandbar -a -fication complete

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I use my more to cruise, play , hang out at the sandbar than to fish. It's the nature of being a family boater I suppose . I am going for an extended stay in the Keys on Monday and had this custom Sunbrella top made for the aft of the boat . Its made of 1/2 inch stainless tubing with low profile gunnel mounts with quick disconnect fittings. It's a total sandbar princess now . . It would need to be at least a 28 footer for the title sandbar queen.1000007898.jpg

Twist

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
The Freedom 275 that I've just bought has the bow shade option but does not have the Sure Shade option on the hardtop. I'm very interested in getting some kind of shade I can deploy on the aft seating area and would love to hear solutions that you folks have come up with for this.

Smoky, do you leave this on the boat in a retracted position over the transom or do you take it completely off when not in use?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It looks like it would extend well beyond the transom, if folded down in that direction. More likely, it is secured to the rear of the hardtop in the closed position.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Nice...I had one of these on one of my old 225s. Makes a difference.

Safe travels!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Nice bimini top! I like those flush (ish) bimini fittings, as well. Use some silicone spray on them now and then.

When folded, does it's end up being carried by those two upper rocket launchers? If not, add rear legs instead of the straps and it can stay in place there when folded.