Seat bushings. What size or part number?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Update: The bushings from Springfield work, but aren't perfect. Unlike the Todd bushing, these are tapered with a radius. The issue is the wall thickness. Amazon reviews complain the parts are so poorly made that the wall thickness is inconsistent. I called Springfield and it turns out they are made that way to provide 3 degrees of tilt. Unfortunately my base isn't designed to take advantage of that so depending on how the bushing rotates will determine the 3 degrees of leaning you will experience.
If I had a lathe, I'd make a plug to go into the post and a sleeve to wrap around it. It would be the best option, but I dont have the time or equipment, so this is as good as it gets for now!
If these dont last I'll likely just buy a new 2 7/8" base for about $80 and replace this rickety contraption.

bob2r

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Update: The bushings from Springfield work, but aren't perfect. Unlike the Todd bushing, these are tapered with a radius. The issue is the wall thickness. Amazon reviews complain the parts are so poorly made that the wall thickness is inconsistent. I called Springfield and it turns out they are made that way to provide 3 degrees of tilt. Unfortunately my base isn't designed to take advantage of that so depending on how the bushing rotates will determine the 3 degrees of leaning you will experience.
If I had a lathe, I'd make a plug to go into the post and a sleeve to wrap around it. It would be the best option, but I dont have the time or equipment, so this is as good as it gets for now!
If these dont last I'll likely just buy a new 2 7/8" base for about $80 and replace this rickety contraption.
Thanks but it's not the round bushing. It's the two under the seat where it slides.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks but it's not the round bushing. It's the two under the seat where it slides.
If you are talking about the sliders, you are SOL. They haven't been made in years and no one has them. If I still had those seats, I'd opt for a completely different pedestal and track system to replace what you have. It was a weak design to begin with. When I looked into this years ago, the cost wasn't too bad if you shipped around. Unfortunately there isn't a quick easy fix.

TMANN

Reaction score
Model
Adventure

• Love
Reactions: family affair

bob2r

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Thanks so much. Was ready to buy new bases.