Trailer set up for 2005 Grady 225 Tournament

Backwaters

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 2005 Grady White 225 Tournament. It does not come with a trailer, so I will have to show up with a trailer ready to pick it up. I will be using an EZ Loader, aluminum I-beam, made for 21-24 foot boats. It comes standard with two bunks (12' long) and I can add two centering bunks in the front if desired.

Given I need to show up with the trailer ready, does anyone have measurements on how far apart the bunks should be, how tall, etc, I understand some of that varies with the specific trailer so I am asking something that can only directionally be answered.

Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
This is a really rough guess:
Space the aft bunks about 57 inches apart. Forward bunks , try 27 inches, Position winch bumper so that the distance from the center of the two tires to the transom is about 75 inches. These are based on a newer 228 but should be close enough

Coastboater

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help you much since I don’t have measurements. i bought this for a 2015-16 Freedom 225 from Charleston Trailer.
Main bunks are “pidgeon towed” (closer together towards front) a few inches to provide more contact to the SV2 hull.IMG_0566.jpeg

Backwaters

Reaction score
Thank you for the picture. Would not have thought to go that wide, but makes sense given the lesser V in the back half of the hull. Thanks

Coastboater

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Iirc, bunk height was 7” and it looks like they’re set 1”-1 1/2” above crossmember.

seasick

Reaction score
I think the factory spec for the 225 is 56 3/4 inch between the two inside edges of the bunks. Depending on the specific bunks, the center to center spread would be about 59 inches for 2 by lumber on edge

Setting up the forward bunks is not an exact science. It is often adjusted after the hull is properly positioned on the main bunks.

Last edited: