Trailering a 1992 Grady White Sailfish

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
That’s a good data point and examples of some nice upgrades to make 1/2-ton truck capable and safe. Interesting you have decided not to install electric brakes and a controller although my experience is that the surge brakes work if properly adjusted and matched to the load. Looks good as well, I like the blue and I see you have your family modeling.
eoh brakes are on the list, just behind some other things. the surge brakes work much better than i expected, to the point that i am more than content with how the combo stops. that being said, i did just put new rotors, pads, and lines on over the winter.

my older daughter missed the pic, but both girls and the wife love the boat

Reactions: Peter A

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
the surge brakes work much better than i expected, to the point that i am more than content with how the combo stops.

I've often wondered why all the hate for surge brakes. I've had both. Both worked well. Yes EOH has advantages, but not enough for me to consider a change. If I lived in and had to tow in the hills or twisty roads, I might think otherwise.

Reactions: Peter A

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I've often wondered why all the hate for surge brakes. I've had both. Both worked well. Yes EOH has advantages, but not enough for me to consider a change. If I lived in and had to tow in the hills or twisty roads, I might think otherwise.
agree. its not cheap to make the change either

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
agree. its not cheap to make the change either
The dumb thing is the cost of parts. The cost of the different systems isn't too far off. Since it is offered as an option, you get gouged when ordering new. If EOH was offered based on actual cost when ordering, it would only be a $300 upgrade. Sort of like the $2k wheel upgrade on a new car or truck. What happened to the credit for the tires and wheels I'm not getting?!