Wash down/Livewell System

seasick

Reaction score
8/3/24 If the membrane is defective in one or the other pumps, is it repairable? How do I test the switch?
if you can get to the back of the switch, you would use a test lamp with the wire connected to a good ground and the pointed end touched to the output of the switch. When the switch is on, touching the output should light up the test lamp. Turning off the switch should turn off the test lamp
example of tester: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-12-Volt-DC-Automotive-Circuit-Tester-GAT-3400/202867876

There are kits for the internal parts of the pump but if your pump is older or in the worst case original, it doesn't pay to try to replace the internal diaphragms and valves. Your model umber is no longer made but there are pretty much exact replacements.

seasick

Reaction score
Is the 'lavatory' and shower the same fixture (pull out sprayer)?
If so, the sprayer may be clogged. It comes apart and can be cleaned if all else is in good shape.

You are also saying that the pump turns on when the gunnel spray wand is used and shuts off when the spray is not used.
Does the pump do anything when you turn on the 'lavatory" ( Is that the sink or are you talking about the toilet?

lazy grady

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
8/31/24 THERE ARE 2 PUMPS. 1 SERVES THE GUNWALL SHOWER FAUCET AND HAND FAUCET. THE OTNER SERVES THE FAUCET IN THE CABIN LAVATORY. NONE OF THE 3 FAUCETS WORK AS TO PRODUCING WATER WHEN THE WATER PUMP SWITCH IS CT ON. BOTH PUMPS RUN.

seasick

Reaction score
I am not sure why there would be two pumps.. I dont know how two pumps would be connected to the water tank. I would think that either there are two pickups in the water tank or the two share a single pickup. In the later case, there would have to be a way to select which pump is connected.
Are you sure there are two fresh water pumps and one is not raw water?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
IMG_2467.png
The pump which only feeds the gunnel faucet is probably a high-pressure washdown pump, and the other pump is probably just a regular water supply pump.
With the pumps running, stick the end of a hose to the open faucets, and see what happens when you prime the lines.
Check the polarity at the pumps, although I am not sure how it affects a diaphragm pump.

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
Pull off one of the inlet hoses at the pump and put a garden hose on the pump. Run it and see if the faucet or gunnel wand gets water