which one ? 19 0r 22

mel

Reaction score
buying another grady this spring... had an 86 19' tournament loved it. looking at another or 22' tournamant. used mainly south shore cape cod, also local lakes 4 tubing and fun... the 22' may be too large for the lakes. any ideas or info regarding big differences in two models other than length ? lol looking to spend between $4500- $8500 this boat will be trailered

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Buy the best boat you can find for the money you have to spend. I would rather have a 19' boat in good shape than a 22' in poor condition. All things equal buy the 22’.

You should also keep your eyes out for a Pursuit 1950 or 2150 DC, both will be in the high end of your price range, they are not easy to come by but are excellent dual console boats.

DenisO

Reaction score
I have an '87 Tournament 22 with '87 Johnson 200. It's been great and the extra couple of feet makes a huge differecne. I paid $8500 five years ago and have spent another $3000 on engine repairs in that timeframe.

Only issues I had - Replaced all plastic thru-halls when the first one broke off. Same with hoses. Everytthing else great

Big deal would be engine