Yamaha Extended Warranty question

Dantheman

Reaction score
I am new to boating and just purchased a used 06 gulfstream with twin 150's that was advertised as having the extended 6 year warranty. The sale was brokered by a Grady White dealership. The boat was delivered to me in Jersey City from Delaware, but the dealer did not include any paper-work whatsover regarding the warranties. This just seems strange. Any warranties should be in writing especially if transfered from the original owner. The dealer is now unresponsive to my e-mails. Any advice is appreciated. (PS, I chose to have the boat delivered as opposed to running it up myself based on the sound advice I received on this forum, so now i am looking for a little help with this issue)

gerrys

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have Yammi's. If that's the case, the warranty has to be transferred bhy a Yammi servicing dealer. Some dealers charge a fee, some do not, some require an inspection, some do not. Since your deal was brokered by a dealer, I would press them to transfer the warranty. This is a computer entry that only takes minutes to accomplish.

If the motors were tested or surveyed by the Grady dealer who handled the deal, I wouln't think they'd have any issue with this.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Thanks gerrys. The dealer actually just responded to my earlier e-mail and advised that they took care of it at the dealership and that I should receive something in the mail from Yamaha. So hopefully that solves the problem.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I would expect you should receive new warranty cards reflecting you as owner and duration (end date) of warranty, alongwith respective serial numbers.