What have you done to your Grady lately?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
completely rebuilt VSTs and intakes on both engines, new fuel line from raycor to starboard engine, switched to canvas rigging sleeves in the splash well.
Might you have pics of the canvas sleeves? Sounds like a good idea.

I don't think my old, original sleeves would stay in place if I put 5200 on them!

Tx, Rob

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Just got two maintenance kit's for my twin F300 and forked aout 1000$ Crazy expensive!
Soon we will pull her and do a full maintenance and verify in depth my not taking acceleration after longer idling or trolling in another shipyard with a travel lift.
Then i will see her below the waterline and probably give the hull a nice wash to have AF clean for the next months.
I hope no ugly surprises will show up!
Chris

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Just got two maintenance kit's for my twin F300 and forked aout 1000$ Crazy expensive!
Soon we will pull her and do a full maintenance and verify in depth my not taking acceleration after longer idling or trolling in another shipyard with a travel lift.
Then i will see her below the waterline and probably give the hull a nice wash to have AF clean for the next months.
I hope no ugly surprises will show up!
Chris
wow, thats crazy expensive. i can have a shop do the annual maintenance for both my motors for about that much total parts and labor

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
wow, thats crazy expensive. i can have a shop do the annual maintenance for both my motors for about that much total parts and labor
Yep, last time i bought from them, the nearest and biggest Yamaha dealership, however it was not just plugs, oils and impellers.
Oils were not included too ...

However, as i don't know well the history of the outboards and it's the first service i do i prefer to do all to have a baseline what i have done.
Only oil, spark plugs and impeller would have been half.

However, i found online a company who sells two kits for 800€ but include Quicksilver oil for engine and lower unit.

May repower again back to Suzuki comes nearer and nearer ...

Chris

Scottywotty

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
My partner and I decided to go to a local community collage and learn how to TIG weld aluminum so that we could build a badly needed hard top pilot house for our 1996 20' adventurer

I think it came out great! though we are still in the outfitting stages of relocating everything to the top It looks tremendous! oh and we are waiting on the windows to come in so there's that too :cool:

lemme see how to attach a picture......

Scott

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
My partner and I decided to go to a local community collage and learn how to TIG weld aluminum so that we could build a badly needed hard top pilot house for our 1996 20' adventurer

I think it came out great! though we are still in the outfitting stages of relocating everything to the top It looks tremendous! oh and we are waiting on the windows to come in so there's that too :cool:

lemme see how to attach a picture......

Scott
you likely need 10 posts before you can post a picture

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Nothing too crazy - under the gunnel led lights. Also, added the lights to the 2 storage units, port and starboard as well as above the bilge area.
1726510718116.png